ATV Court-Qualified Expert Witness Bill Uhl
Bill Uhl has completed over 75 legal cases as an Expert Witness.
He has worked for both plaintiffs and defendants,
being deposed, writing reports and providing trial testimony.
Mr. Uhl’s highly creative thinking and totally honest feedback help you make informed decisions about your cases.
Mr. Uhl offers attorneys a free, informal, 15-minute consultation.
Attorney Letters of Recommendation, CV and fee schedule are available upon request.
Many attorneys have chosen to hire Mr. Uhl because of his unique expertise in OHV training and safety.
- Inadequate training often contributes to off-highway vehicle accidents and injuries.
- Customer training issues are also often related to guided tour incidents
Other factors sometimes related to accidents that result in severe injuries or death may include:
- inappropriate vehicle (product) designs,
- inadequate vehicle maintenance or
- inappropriate trail / route design and maintenance.
OHV Accident Cases
Mr. Uhl specializes in safety and training issues regarding off-highway vehicle (OHV) accident cases related to operating:
- ATVs (all-terrain vehicles, 4-wheelers, quads)
- UTVs (utility vehicles, side by sides)
- Recreational off-road vehicles (ROVs)
- Snowmobiles (sleds)
- Motorcycle dirt bikes (trail bikes)
- Dual sport street bikes
- Off-road bicycles
- Trail Design, Construction and Maintenance
- Race Course Design, Construction and Maintenance
Examples of What Mr. Uhl Brings to Your Case
Examples of what Mr. Uhl brings to your case:
- Service since 2004 as Sr. Instructor of OHVtraining.org, a “Preferred OHV Riding School,” training operators and instructors of all types of ROVs. (See examples of Mr. Uhl’s client list below, where you see “Corporate, Government and Individual Clients”.)
- Over 50 years of experience in the ROV industry, including co-owning a ROV retail store and training personnel who worked in diverse OHV companies.
- Serving as Lead Mechanic in an OHV dealership.
- Multiple positions in Research and Development (R&D) related to off-road riding.
- Over 20 years experience designing, constructing, and maintaining innovative multiple-use, single track recreational OHV trails, including 48” wide ATV trails.
- Planted the seed at Idaho State Parks and Recreation that started the successful State Trail Ranger program. Served as the first Trail Ranger in the state of Idaho.
- Over 28 years of successful U.S. and International off-road professional competition.
- Management of a motocross school where riders avoided injuries.
- Impressive abilities to ensure snowmobile safety in isolated areas with harsh conditions, which also won acclaim from his peers.
Bill Uhl’s Expert Witness Expertise
Uhl’s areas of expertise include:
- Accident investigation; also assists with reconstruction
- Owner and manufacturer responsibilities and standards
- Help attorneys understand Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) guidelines for ATVs, UTVs and snowmobiles.
- Also helps you know what is not covered in CPSC guidelines
- When manufacturer’s omissions and incomplete statements lead to and are related to accidents and injuries
- Training Military personnel to use all types of OHVs
- Safety and training re: operating OHVs
- Why training for operators of ATVs, UTVs, snowmobiles, motorcycle dirt bikes, dual sport bikes and ROVs is critical for prevention of accidents, deaths and injuries
- Why safety training for operators is also essential for passenger safety
- Instructor training for new OHV instructors
- Human factors and ergonomics related to ROVs
- Research and Development (R&D), mechanics and safety
- Vehicle technology / mechanics
- Recreational trail design, construction and maintenance issues that contribute to or prevent accidents, injuries or death
- OHV racecourse design, construction and maintenance factors that cause, influence or preclude incidents, injuries or fatalities
- Practices of OHV recreational facilities
- How the public should be protected
- Adequacy / inadequacy of customer training
- How route designs or lack of maintenance can contribute to accidents and injuries
- How customer training or equipment fail to meet industry standards according to manufacturer’s guidelines and how those failures significantly increase the chance for an accident and resulting injuries
- Operations of ATV, UTV, and ROV rental / tour facilities and guided tours that can lead to accidents, injuries or death of renters or guests
Corporate, Government, and Individual Clients
Mr. Uhl is repeatedly hired to provide OHV vehicle safety training. He received positive evaluations from his impressive client list.
- U.S. Special Operations Command
- U.S. Defense Threat Reduction Agency
- U.S. Special Operations Command
- U.S. Army Special Forces
- U.S. Naval Special Warfare
- U.S. Marines Special Operations
- U.S. Air Force Special Operations
- U.S. Air Force Security Forces
- U.S. Department of Defense Police
- U.S. Air Force Red Horse
- U.S. Border Patrol
- U.S. Forest Service
- U.S. Coast Guard
- U.S. Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- U.S. Marine Base Hawaii
- U.S. Army
- U.S. Military Training Center (Yakima Training Center, Washington)
- U.S. Air Guard
- U.S. Parks Service
- U.S. Department of the Interior
- U.S. Bureau of Reclamation
- U.S. Military Branches and Military Police
- U.S. Federal Aviation Administration
- U.S. Bureau of Land Management
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- U.S. Weather Service
- U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). Trained most of the NRCS field personnel across the state of Montana
- T-Mobile, U.S.A.
- Quest Communications
- Honda, U.S.A. AVT test riders
- Tucson Power Company
- Schweitzer Mountain Ski Resort
- Passwords, Inc.
- Midway Gold Corporation
- Green Mountain Power Plant
- County of L.A., California
- Muckleshoot Indian Reservation
- Search & Rescue Personnel
- Sheriff’s Offices
- Idaho Water Science Center
- HighMount, Exploration & Production
- Kinder Morgan, Natural Gas Pipeline Company
- And an array of individual clients of all ages
Mr. Uhl’s career awards include:
- Winning five gold metals for the U.S. during multiple International Six-Day Trials / Enduro (ISDE) competitions in various countries around the world (the Olympics of motorcycle racing).
- Being inducted into the American Motorcyclist International Hall of Fame.
- Receiving the prestigious Count Lurani Trophy, as the top preforming American competitor at the first ever ISDE held in the US.
- Named Enduro Rider of the Year at the “All Star Awards” program, based on rave reviews by fans.
- Achieving off-road riding competition victories in some of the most rugged terrain around the world.
- Named “A Cross-Country Legend” by ARMA